Sunday, December 2, 2012

Monday Book Club

Martingale - Homestyle Quilts (Print version + eBook bundle)

Homestyle Quilts....simple patterns & savory recipes by Kim Diehl & Laurie Baker.

This book combines our love of classic patchwork with wonderful recipes. 
If you know Kim Diehl you love her warm colors and style of quilting.  Her work envokes the feeling of  masterpieces from times past.  Her quilts beckon you to wrap up in them with a warm cup of cocoa.
Everyone needs a few of these in their collection.

I especially love that she keeps the patterns simple and adds machine applique for an added feeling of charm.
This book is a fun collaboration between Kim & Laurie.  It shows off both of their strengths as quilt makers & designers.

There are 13 beautiful patchwork & applique projects along with  tasty recipes for soups, casseroles, desserts & more.  Simple enough to get dinner taken care of so you can get to the important business of quilting.

This book just screams warm, comfy, classic country.  I just love this book!
Makes me want to shut myself in my sewing room and quilt the winter away.
Take a look for yourself, I don't think you will be disappointed.

No comments: