Sunday, March 4, 2012

Monday Book Club

This book explores 12 great projects made using "Rectangles"!

Quite often we over look what can be done with simple shapes.  We get
wrapped up in the complex and forget what beauty there is in the simple.
I was excited to see the possibilities presented through the projects in this book.

Maybe the fabric choices are not your taste....I love them but batiks are not for everyone.  Concentrate on the designs and the simple shapes they use....
it will really get your creative juices flowing.

I really liked the Log Cabin which uses a different method of construction using rectangles.  The project called "Chains of Hope" uses some curved pieces  and has my curiosity peaked.
I think like me you will find some traditional looks, with a little twist!

This book is a great next step for the beginning quilter and will provide inspiration as well as projects with potential for the experienced quilter.

Take a look!

No comments: