Sunday, February 13, 2011

Monday Book Club

ROARING THROUGH THE '20s
By Carolyn Cullinan McCormick


































This book intrigued me, I love to read about quilt and block history as well as folklore.  Quite frankly I expected to find a little bit more history in this book.
There is one page in the introduction that talks about the high points of the
1920's,  after that you will find cute snippets through the book from the 1920's Montgomery Ward catalogue which are fun to look at, but sadly they are not accompanied by any commentary.

Now don't get me wrong, this book is filled to the gills!  You have 20 paper pieced patterns in full size templates ready to photo copy.  They are in two sizes so you can make 10' blocks or 4' blocks.  All the blocks were originally published in the 1920's.
There are photos with different projects using the blocks & really great instructions on paper piecing. 

The book is nicely done and the projects are inviting.  I especially like the quilt done in 30's feed sack prints.  I love paper piecing so I will make room for it in my library.  Take a look for yourself!

No comments: