Sunday, June 24, 2012

Monday Book Club

More Take 5 Quilts by Kathy Brown

Martingale - More Take 5 Quilts (Print version + eBook bundle)This is Kathy's second book which uses the philosophy of choosing just 5 fabrics.

Her original thoughts were to take 5 min., choose 5 fabrics, and in 5 hours you could have a lap size quilt size quilt.  Great idea!

I love this second book and the additions to the patterns from her first book.

While most of the patterns are of a simple design, I love that I can complicate them as much as I like. 

When you are only using 5 fabrics I think you pay more attention to the details of each fabric. 




There are 16 quilt patterns which can easily be enlarged if you are looking to make something more bed size.

The instructions, layout and photos are very clear.  Every detail she has given to making fabric requirements and cutting instructions simple, easy and quick are such a great feature of this book.  I wish more books were laid out this way.

While the designs are traditional and somewhat simple, I think this is such a great go to resource when you need something wonderful...quick!

Great stash buster as you only need 5 fabrics!

Really loved this book, as I did her first one. 

Take 5 and take a look!

No comments: